Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Marathon smarathon

 I have decided my new mission in life is to complete the Hawaiian Marathon. My plan is to register for the 2015 race. This will give me a year and three months to get ready. It shouldn't be too bad I have already mastered the art of carbo loading and I can stretch like a pro. I am well versed in muscle massage techniques and not to brag but I own a variety of icey hot products. So the only thing left to do is learn to run and maybe lose half of my body weight.

  I can currently jog for about 30 seconds before I feel like passing out. I can wog (walk/jog) at a 23 minute mile pace. I have never run a mile straight in my life. So why the Hawaiian Marathon?

 I have always wanted to run a marathon. I have talked about it for years. In fact I talked about it so much that I helped to inspire a few friends to get in shape and run marathons. Jerks. I just can't seem to do it myself. I choose Hawaii because it is absolutely gorgeous there and the date of the race is around my birthday so I figure it will be a great way to end a year and bring in a new one. I have no desire to try to "place" in this race, which is good because there is no way I could. I just want to finish. I don't care if the officials have long since gone home and I crawl my way over the finish line I just want to know that I can do it.

 I'm going to blog about my training to keep myself on track. I always start my grand ideas in secret so that when I fail I don't have to admit it to anyone. I think I plan on failing from the beginning so I don't get as upset when it happens. So this time it will be different. I will put it all out there my triumphs and my failures. Perhaps by doing it this way I will actually follow through this time.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's an AWESOME goal and absolutely believe that you can do it!! YAY YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn!!! Maybe one day we can do a 5k together :)

    ReplyDelete