Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It begins

So how do you start your marathon training when you can't actually run? Answer. Slowly.

 Going by my wog today I believe I actually jog slower than I walk. I did not know that was possible but I swear it's happening. I could only do 3 sets of 30 second jogging. I had to recover for several minutes in between since apparently I don't know how to breathe when I jog.

 I have also noticed that people give you the strangest looks when you are a fatty attempting to jog. I never noticed it when I was out walking but once I started to jog they looked at me with sad eyes. Ugh! Don't give me sad eyes. Yes I'm fat, yes it's hot and humid outside and I look like I'm about to have a stroke, but I assure you this will not break me. I've been through worse things than a 30 second jog.

 I came back home pretty bummed. I wanted to have this great post about how I felt inspired and more motivated than ever to accomplish my goals, but in truth I walked in my door got ice cream out of my freezer and sat on my couch. Ice cream cools you down, so it's kind of the same thing as doing a cool down right?

 Tomorrow will be better. I'm going to try for 4 sets of 30 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for going out there and wogging! I love that term by the way :)

    I think it's awesome that you went out and did your best - just try to ignore the "sad eyes" - a lot of them might not be thinking what you think they're thinking! Like maybe they're sad that you're out there busting your butt and they couldn't find the motivation to do the same thing!

    Also, if you feel like you walk faster than you jog, have you considered speed walking instead of jogging for a while? As long as you walk fast enough to increase your heart rate you'll be building your cardio endurance (and you can practice breathing, hehe). After you build that up, jogging will be a little easier, and it'll be a little easier on your joints as you get started on exercising again :)

    Super proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will take it easier next time.

      Delete